Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lena or Lexana in Smallville (Spoilers for Seasons 5 and 6) by Rebekah Walton



Lex Luthor and Lana Lang. I do not really like this couple or understood this couple. But to be fair to the fans that like this I never really saw any episodes with any couple moments. They do actually get married and Lana Lang becomes Lex's third wife. Personally, I can't decide if she was a worse wife than the first one. But that is just because I get annoyed with Lana Lang easily. I even felt sorry for Whitney. Why did so many guys fall in love with her? Clark, Whitney, and Lex Luthor and many more. But with Lex Luthor the case is different. He has lost the wife he loved Helen,(yes, I know that was a few seasons ago, but really not much time has past he is not over her yet. I believe he never will be.) and here comes a girl who he has know for quite a time and sometimes she reminds him of Helen. (In some cases in pictures I found she even looks like Helen. It is scary.)






I really shouldn’t be writing about this. I don’t like Lexana. Just to make it clear what this is like to non fans of Smallville, imagine Dr.Who…with…. no, wait people like her. Imagine Tori with…. No, wait people like him with her. Imagine  Huh! Imagine a girl you find really annoying with a really smart funny guy. That is what it is like to myself and my siter.

Really, I believe Lex deserves better than her. The only thing I can really say about this couple that is good I that their couple name sounds good. Lexana is a very acceptable sounding couple name. I would like to say mre positive things about this couple but I can’t. In fact, I am not sure really why she left the marriage. Did he beat her? Was he mean to her? Huh! Lex has always seemed to have a sprt of respect for women in the sense that even when women creeped him out he just  wants to help them. He was just very nice to women and girls.


He also loved his mom when she ws still alive. I can’t imagine him actually getting mad at a woman and yelling at her or beating her. (The only time where he really got upset to a point  was  when he was with Helen and he still did not really yell or beat her.) Anyway, I actually was looking up Lana photos a few days ago and I found this picture and I compared it to one of Helen’s pictures.
Lana Lang
vs
Dr. Helen Bryce



That is frightening that they look alike. Also watch the proposal  of Lex to Helen, Helen's hair should look Lana's hair down.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_EoLfrWawU

Which brings up to me many thoughts of the fact that Lex is morning over his wife Helen still and finds Lana who looks similar sometimes to Helen his second wife. Wow! That is in itself really sad. Lex didn’t really love Lana for Lana, he loved Lana because she (this is just my theory, remeber.) looked like Helen his second wife. (I know, Helen has been gone for a few years but Lex did truly love Helen and is certainly not over her in Season 5.)Of course then he want to marry her. Of course, he would then fake she was pregnant with his child. 

Well, after that long intro I will give a summary of their relationship and leave some links as always.
Summary:
Lex and Lana have been friend for a while, or at least Lex approved of Clark going after Lana in Season 1-4 ish. 

In Season 5, a lot of traumatizing stuff brings the two of them together and Lex starts to fall in love with Lana. 
In fact, as we see in an Alternate Universe, Lex marries Lana and they have two kids when Lana dies tragically.

 In real life, Lex and Lana become closer until in Season 6, Lex fakes that Lana is pregnant and the two of them get married. 

Not long after she find out she wasn't pregnant.  

Lana then begans to manipulate Lex into continuing to trust her but finally declared her love for Clark and told Lex that she had known about the fake baby and was leaving him. Shortly afterwards, Lana's car exploded and Lex was arrested for murder.





Links to videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66EI-HmhZQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIXINLyZm8U&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=SP7CFA5FECF4D3CC03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mJNQC6GILo&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkU4vxRx-4&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLO3UFjgJ10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vHWyrFbXJ8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpWoSjARzM&feature=related

{Updated July 25, 2017}

After watching their romance in Smallville, I have grown to be okay with them as a couple. Lex does seem to like Lana sincerely and I love the alternate universe episode where he has two kids.

I understand the fans of this shipping and I agree with them it can be quite cute. Lana may not be good enough for Lex or even better than Dr. Helen Bryce but, Lex seems to be attached to her anyway and I can't get past that.

With Lex, I am of the opinion that had Lana stayed they would have become a powerful couple, I am not sure whether they would have been evil or good but, I think he would have started to include her in his plans and they would have ruled the world together.


No comments: